Monday, August 8, 2016

2016 Documentation: Traveler's Notebooks

Traveler's notebooks were showing up in my Instagram feed more and more frequently, so I decided to jump in and give them a try.

I think I was drawn to the notebooks for a couple of reasons:

1. As much as I love my digital project life albums, part of me was craving analogue.

2. The pages are much smaller than a project life page, so it's a manageable size.

I decided that I'm going to use traveler's notebooks to document 2016 in place of Project Life. Here's how I'm documenting:

Local Adventurer Notebook

I ordered a few Midori inserts on Amazon, and they arrived just before Christmas. Since we wouldn't really be traveling anywhere until late April (and that was just a short road trip), I decided that I didn't need to wait to travel in order to use my notebooks.

The first notebook I started was to capture all of the places in our city that we love to frequent: shops, restaurants, coffee shops, etc. We believe in supporting local, independent businesses as much as possible, so this notebook documents our favourite spots.





Soundtrack of My Life Notebook

I subscribe to Kelly Purkey's monthly kits, and her Playlist kit inspired this notebook. Music is something that we take very seriously in our house, so a notebook to document what we're listening to, what concerts we're attending, etc. was in order.





Weekend Getaways Notebook

While we tend to go on a large vacation every year, we also hop in our car every 6-8 weeks for a little weekend getaway. This notebook documents the little trips to not-so-distant locations.




Go West 2016 Notebook

Our summer vacation will be documented in this notebook.


 


Everyday Life Notebook

I haven't started this notebook yet, but my plan is to go through my monthly files of photos and my basket of memorabilia to see what little bits and pieces haven't been documented elsewhere. That is the stuff that will end up in this notebook.



When I ordered my inserts on Amazon, I also ordered a binder to hold Midori inserts. I am going to decorate the binder and include all five notebooks when they are complete. This is my plan to document 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment