Saturday, March 4, 2017

Ink Storage

When we moved into our house ten years ago, I set up a craft area in our basement. I was doing Stampin' Up at that time, and often had people over. I had a large area where I could set up tables for card-making parties, and lots of space to store all of my craft supplies.

However, when I got back into memory-keeping and was working on projects by myself, I felt isolated, and since it was in the basement, I had no natural light. I decided to move upstairs to the dining room where there is a large window. However, since it's my dining room, I have limited space to store my stuff, and I need to keep it out of sight when I'm not using it.

I work at a standing desk and I have an Alex drawer unit below that houses many of my most-needed supplies. I still have craft storage downstairs, so sometimes I need to go for a walk. That's where my Color Caddy of Stampin' Up inks resides. 

However, I store my most-used ink pads in one of the shallow drawers in an Alex unit from Ikea. 



I love how the Ali Edwards ink pads stack so nicely, and I can easily stack 5 high in this drawer. 

My Kelly Purkey ink cubes are stored in a photo case so it's easy to grab them all at once.

This solution has worked well for me because it's easy to clean-up and put things away after a crafting session. Since my standing desk in the front window of my house, I also have added motivation to keep it tidy!

No comments:

Post a Comment