Saturday, April 1, 2017

Shop Local, Eat Local Traveler's Notebook

Back when traveler's notebooks were starting to become popular, I decided to order some inserts to give them a try. I'd been digital scrapbooking, which I still enjoy, but I was missing the tactile act of making something with my hands, so I figured a traveler's notebook would be a great option for capturing our travels.

However, when the inserts arrived, it was the middle of the school year, and we do the majority of our trips in the summer. What was I going to do with my TN inserts until then? I decided that I would become a tourist in my hometown. We love to shop & eat local, so I started a notebook to capture all of the places we love to visit in our city.

This has been a rewarding project. As much as I love to travel, I spend most of my time in this city, and this notebook has made me appreciate the everyday places so much more.

Here are my shop local, eat local TN spreads so far:


Cover: Kelly Purkey: Around Town (kit), Greenpoint Alpha, alpha stickers

Kelly Purkey: Planner Stamps 
Kelly Purkey/One Little Bird #Hangry & Kelly Purkey New Adventure




Kelly Purkey: I Love Weekends (Kit)

Kelly Purkey: Coffee & Donuts, Kelly Purkey/One Little Bird #Hangry

Kelly Purkey: Playlist (kit), Around Town (Kit)

Kelly Purkey: I Love Weekends (Kit), alpha stickers

Kelly Purkey: Alpha Tabs 


Kelly Purkey: Hoppy Hour

Christine Herrin: Caffeine Fix, Do the Work

Kelly Purkey: Stay Cool (kit) + One Little Bird: Destination

Kelly Purkey: Daily Cup, Everyday Alphabeth + Christine Herrin: Caffeine Fix




No comments:

Post a Comment