Saturday, June 10, 2017

Happy Planner Update

For my everyday memory-keeping, I decided to use a Happy Planner this year. 

I created some spreads that I really liked, and then I found a different Happy Planner that I liked better than the one I had been using, so I decided to move everything to the new planner. 

I managed to get my journaling printed on several pages of the new Happy Planner, and luckily I stamp onto cardstock, so much of the stamping I had done, I was able to move to the new planner.

And then life happened.

Between being sick and being swamped with preparation for the Japanese students arriving for the exchange program this summer, I haven't been able to keep up with all of my memory-keeping projects. However, I have been keeping track of all the things I want to record in my Happy Planner when I have time. 

A couple of times each week, I take some time before I go to bed to jot down what's been going on this week. I scroll through my camera roll and calendar and make note of the things I want to remember, and then I record it in a Google Sheet (which I can access on my computer or my phone).




When I do have a bit of time, I write and print my journaling and re-size and print photos for my Happy Planner. This way, when I have time over summer holidays, my spreads should come together quickly.





In a perfect world, I'd have time set aside to update my Happy Planner each week. But it's not a perfect world. This is real life. Sometimes it's hard to find balance between the things that I have to do vs. the things that I want to do. Instead of feeling guilty about what I'm not getting done, I've made a plan for how I'm going to get this project done.

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I try to write things down on post it notes and order photos every week or two if I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so important to capture those little details, whether it be on post-its or in a Google Sheet.

      Delete