Monday, July 13, 2015

Trip Planning: Summer 2015

I love to plan trips and to do lots of research beforehand. I'm not someone who plans my trips down to the minute though. There are certain activities that have to be scheduled, but otherwise, I like to have a list of options so that we can decide what we want to do each day based on the weather and our mood.

This summer we're off to Southern California, and we're going to a few new places and some we've visited before. Although we've been to California a few times before, we've never gone to Disneyland. Our son is 12, so I've tasked him with researching the parks and deciding what rides he doesn't want to miss.





I'm a Michael Connelly fan, so as I read the most recent novel, I made a few notes about restaurants that the character Harry Bosch frequents. I've found addresses, so we may pop by if we have time.

I know that we'll go back to Universal for a day and we'll go on the Warner Bros. Studio tour again. We also have tickets to a Dodgers game. Otherwise, we've got lots of notes of things we can do.


In order to keep everything organized, I purchased a presentation folder from the office supply store. The cover can be changed out for each trip. I tasked my husband with creating a label for the spine. 





For now I'm keeping things like airline and hotel booking confirmations, addresses, etc. in the page protectors. 


When we're travelling, I can use the page protectors to keep memorabilia like park maps and tickets, and I can also throw any journalling I do into the page protectors. I love this organization idea that I got from @more_organised on Instagram.


The word art on the photograph is Cathy Zielske's Boxed Type Summer Brushes and Stamps that I added on my phone using the Letterglow app.

No comments:

Post a Comment