Monday, July 20, 2015

Us:The Abridged Version Album

Last fall, I took Cathy Zielske's Me: The Abridged Version class. I had taken my brainstorming sheet with me on a road trip thinking that I could use the time in the car to come up with ideas. I ended up asking my husband and son for help. My son asked, "Can I do this too?" Of course he could. What a great record of his personality and interests! Next thing I knew, my husband had decided that he'd complete the project as well.

Before we arrived at our destination, all three of us had brainstormed words for each letter of the alphabet. I worked on journalling for my list of words and started gathering photographs. I typed and sent my son his list of words so that he could journal on his iPad, and I left my husband responsible for his own words and photos. 

I love spreadsheets/tables and often work on my computer, phone, or iPad, so I transferred my list of words, cross references, and honourable mentions to a Google doc. That way I was able to copy and paste right onto the journal cards since I was completing the album digitally. 

I completed the cover page for our album.



I also created a colour scheme for each of us. 



Before Christmas, I had put together most of my pages, but I didn't have anything for my husband or son. Once summer hit, I realized that we had neglected this album. After some gentle nagging, my husband has now finished his journalling, and my son is 2/3 done. I hope that we can find the time to finish this album off this summer.

We're going to print a photo book including all three of us, and I'm going to print an 8x8 photo book of my son's pages for him to keep. I'm so glad that I chose to participate in Cathy's class. It will be an amazing record of who we are right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment